Updated: Mar 24
Get ready for the upcoming elections and create awareness among your friends and family circle on how important it is to get the Voter ID and also to caste the vote responsibly!
National Voters Services Portal
NVSP (https://www.nvsp.in) is a portal for citizens to avail electoral services. A user can avail and access various services such as apply for voter ID card, apply online for inclusion of name, corrections in voter card, search name in E-Roll, view details of polling booth, Assembly constituency and parliamentary constituency, and get the contact details of Booth Level Officer Electoral Registration officer among other services.
Four New Qualifying Dates for Voter Registration
Previously, new voters were enrolled if they turned 18 on or before January 1, which was the lone qualifying date in a year. Now, there will be four chances in a year to enrol due to an amendment made to section 14(b) of the Representation of the people Act.
The four qualifying dates are January1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.
How do you get the correct Information on Voter ID?
Booth Level Officer (BLOs)
- In 2006, the Election Commission introduced the concept of appointing Booth Level Officers (BLOs) for each pooling station to ensure precision of the electoral rolls.
- Under Section 13B (2) of the Representation of the People Act. 1950. the BLOs are appointed from among government, semi government and local body officials
- The BLO is, in fact, a representative of the Election Commission of India at the grassroot level. He or She plays a pivotal role in the collection of actual field information. collection of registration forms from citizens and processing of roll revision corresponding to the polling area assigned to him.
- He/She is a friend, philosopher and guide of the local people in matters relating to electrol roll.
- Under the overall supervision of the Electoral Registration Officer, the BLO is responsible for collection of information field verification and identification of eligible voters, dead voters, and voters who no longer live in the current location.
It is the duty of every Citizens to take up small social responsibility to make better place to live!
There are totally 9 lakhs BLO across country to facilitate the Voter ID process
Meet your Booth Level Officer (BOLs) for all answers
Form 6 - Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll (Kannada) (English) online link
Form 6A - Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll by an Overseas Elector (NRI) (Kannada) (English) online link
Form 7 - Application for objection to inclusion of name in electoral roll (Kannada) (English) online link
Form 8 - Application Form for shifting of Residence/Correction of Entries in Existing Electoral Roll/Replacement of EPIC/Marking of PwD (Kannada) (English) online link
Form 6B - Letter of Information of Aadhaar number for the purpose of electoral roll authentication (Kannada) (English) online link
Teachers & Graduates
Form 18 - Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Rolls for a Graduates' Constituency (Kannada) (English)
Form 19 - Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Rolls for a Teachers' Constituency (Kannada) (English)
Form 2 - For Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Airforce) (English) (Hindi)
Form 2A - For Armed police force of a State, Who is Serving outside that State (English) (Hindi)
Form 3 - For Government of India in a Post outside India (English) (Hindi)
It is a great initiative by ECI and will help citizens of India to enrol and correct the Voter ID details before the elections, there are some improvements to be done in the areas of online process where citizens can take simple steps to fill in the details with proper documents as proof to complete the registration and corrections of Voter ID details, We have tried to register online but there are some bottle necks like upload of photos are very rigid, we have to edit the photo multiple times to upload as required by the online portal.
Citizens will loose interest to make an attempt to upload after multiple times. there are solutions where the portal can re-size the passport size photo and upload, ECI can adopt this technology to make it simple.
we also found forgot password does not work OTP are not send to Mobile number or email IDs, this has to be fixed by ECI on priority to generate more website traffic and citizens can quickly get their Voter IDs right to vote in upcoming elections.
Do not forget to comment in our comment section to express your views.